My husband and I were raised in Catholic families in Colombia, and from an early age our parents taught us the fundamental moral principles of the Catholic religion. But on April of 1989, when we were born again, we began to understand the true meaning of being a Christian and since then our relationship with God has become more personal. Since then we began to write. José Joaquin wrote reflections about the love of God and messages of hope for humanity, and I wrote wise advice for all families everywhere.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

FOR THE MARRIAGES



Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they become one flesh. Genesis 2: 24

Hello dear family and dear blog readers, I want to share a very sincere letter a man sent to his wife, written by Victor Hugo. I hope that we draw good lessons from it.

"Dear wife, please greet me with a smile and a kiss when I get home. Make me happy when you  see me even when you've had a bad day. Give me time to make the mental adjustment to go from work to home, time to deal in trifles or do nothing without you're remembering me so many things waiting for me to take care of them. Time to talk about things that concern us and time to be together. Remember, when I make a suggestion I always look for opportunities instead the difficulties. Do not forget that I prefer to hug you that be in the kitchen arguing with you. Tell me my faults politely and in private. When I tell you to do something please put it on your priorities. You let me know that whenever you need me and I'm still important for you and when you tell me I love you, be very sincere. Remember loving wife, I love you more today than yesterday, but less than tomorrow."

Now come some tips for husbands. Please men open their ears:

If a husband's heart is full of discord, jealousy or bad feelings, you cannot attract or conquer your wife nor all logic of creation. Husbands should understand that no one shall be compelled by force to accept our ideas, but it is possible with love and kindness. A hundred years ago said Lincoln, "a drop of honey hunting more bugs than a gallon of gall." So if you want to gain understanding and love your wife, you must first convince her that you are his sincere friend. That is a drop of honey that captures your heart. If you want your wife will agree to everything, let her think that idea is hers. Talk about your own mistakes rather than criticize. A good husband should be concerned because there is order in your home because God is a God of order. If one day you visit the Library of Congress in Washington DC, you'll see five words written on the ceiling by the painter Pope: "Order is Heaven's first law." This should also be the first law of any home. Husbands should practice the gifts of friendship, cooperation and complement each other, which is the help of God speaking. They also march together along the same path, in the same vehicle, and driven by the same engine: love.

Now I want to add a few more tips for both women and men:

From the beginning of creation God established marriage between a man and a woman and gave them responsibilities, but also privileges. From the beginning God expressed that it was necessary that a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife; well, just so you could develop your role as husband fully. And if we follow fulfill God's design, then comes blessings on your marriage, on your home, and therefore on society. Are you dear reader following fulfilling the design traced by God for your life? If not cry out to Jesus Christ to straighten your life right now.

With love,
                             Maria Fanny Agudelo
                             10/25/14

2 comments:

  1. ....Get rid of all hard feelings, anger and rage. Stop all fighting and lying. Put away every form of hatred. Be kind and tender to one another. Forgive each other, just as God forgave you because of what Christ has done. Ephisians 4:31-32 gloria n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..........All of you should honor marriage. You should keep the marriage bed PURE.
    Hebrews 13:4 g.n.

    ReplyDelete