My husband and I were raised in Catholic families in Colombia, and from an early age our parents taught us the fundamental moral principles of the Catholic religion. But on April of 1989, when we were born again, we began to understand the true meaning of being a Christian and since then our relationship with God has become more personal. Since then we began to write. José Joaquin wrote reflections about the love of God and messages of hope for humanity, and I wrote wise advice for all families everywhere.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

THE ONLY FOUNDATION OF OUR LIFE


For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is JESUS ​​CHRIST (1 Corinthians 3:11)

Years of our existence on this Earth have passed and we have all had different experiences, sometimes pleasant and other times unpleasant. The most important experience for me was when JESUS ​​CHRIST intercepted me on my way, transformed me, and saved me. From that moment on I voluntarily decided to put Him as the foundation of my life. Best of all, I know that many have already had this wonderful encounter with JESUS. But the Christian life does not stop there; on the contrary that is just the beginning. From that experience, each one of us began to build with different materials such as gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, leaf litter, etc. But each one's work will become manifest because the day will declare it, because by fire it will be revealed. And the work of each one, fire will prove it (1 Corinthians 3: 12-13). The fire of proof will always be testing what we are building in our lives. For example, the pandemic crisis that we are experiencing at this time is a test for everyone in different measures and circumstances. With it the Lord is testing the quality of material that we have been using.
I want to tell you how the Lord has been testing me at this time. The month of May was a difficult time for all of us as a family. I am going to list some facts in general:
1) In the first week of May my mother was hospitalized.
2) In the second week my son had an accident on his ripstik.
3) In the third week my husband had an intestinal infection that took him to bed and for a week he was not available to work.
4) In the fourth week it was my turn. I started to feel bad from Memorial Day weekend. All week I had a fever, cough, headache, and weakness. I hoped to be well in a week and start the month of June recovering, but it was not. On May 29 I took the Covid test and on June 2 my doctor was giving me the results: Positive and bronchitis in my lungs. That was terrible!
Through this entire difficult situation, I remembered the lessons that Pastor Lorri was teaching us during the months of March and April about the trials in the book of James in the Bible and the trials in the series of the book Unscripted by Ernie Johnson Jr. Really these studies and the prayers of the Church helped me not to pass out. "If the work of one who builds remains, he will receive a reward" (1 Corinthians 3:14). I wanted the reward and I am sure that you all also when it is your turn to pass the test. Nobody wants to suffer loss or that the work is burned.
But God is always God of new opportunities. If someone's work was made of wood, hay, or stubble, obviously the trial by fire will consume it no matter how beautiful and stable it has looked. Here it is important to note that it is worth re-building because the foundation remains the same: JESUS ​​CHRIST, the main cornerstone, the only stable Foundation Rock. This is immovable and is not consumed. The question now would be: What materials will be used to build this time? Each stage of life in which trials come, is either an opportunity to be confirmed by God and receive reward, or it is an opportunity to start building a new life in repentance, with new materials, with a new perspective, and with a new experience to glorify God!
Blanca Gill (Editor of this Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment