My husband and I were raised in Catholic families in Colombia, and from an early age our parents taught us the fundamental moral principles of the Catholic religion. But on April of 1989, when we were born again, we began to understand the true meaning of being a Christian and since then our relationship with God has become more personal. Since then we began to write. José Joaquin wrote reflections about the love of God and messages of hope for humanity, and I wrote wise advice for all families everywhere.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

THE LOVE OF GOD




For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, thatwhoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.                          
       John 3:16

Hello family and friends of the Blog, today I began to think that love and mercy of God for his children is so great and wonderful that He told us before ascending to Heaven: Do not set yourself sad because I go, I'll go to get ready a place, a house, a dwelling because I wish that where I am you also may be. I do not want to leave you orphans, I will be sending you the comforter, the Holy Spirit to guide you, to protect you, to accompany and comfort you. Consider that the Lord does not lie. Everything that is written in the Bible is being fulfilled in all and promises, too. So, let's support us with them and do not despair with so many troubles in this life passage. Do you know why Jesus Christ felt compassion about us and sent us the Holy Spirit? Because Himself suffered much on this earth as God commanded him to die for our sins and guilt and so free us from eternal damnation. Do not believe these promises, I just mentioned, are the only ones, there are many more that if we appropriate them, we will have hope and we can expect lighter the afterlife that is much more important because is eternal.

I tell you my favorite promises of God, which are in Matthew 7:7-8, are the three following and I invite you to lean on them: 1) "Ask and you shall receive." I think if we do not ask who can do everything, we have nowhere to go. The apostle Peter said: If we leave to you, where to whom shall we go? 2) "Seek and you shall find". I assure you that if we do not seek the Lord's face, we are dead, not physically, but spiritually dead. 3) "Knock and it shall be opened." I am convinced that the Lord is waiting for us to seek for Him and we knock his door and the door will be opened with joy. Remember, He also knocks at the door of our heart and says, if you open, I will come in and eat with you (Revelation 3:20). If you really have God in your heart, then you are compassionate and always open to God.
Life is fleeting and complicated, but if we propose we can start Heaven on earth. I hope you open your heart to God and look for Him every day. Don’t you think we have a great and wonderful God? Now I ask you, or rather I advise you live with God in your heart, so you will experience great joy which the world cannot take away. Do you accept my advice?

With love,
                          Maria Fanny Agudelo
                          03/15/15

No comments:

Post a Comment