My husband and I were raised in Catholic families in Colombia, and from an early age our parents taught us the fundamental moral principles of the Catholic religion. But on April of 1989, when we were born again, we began to understand the true meaning of being a Christian and since then our relationship with God has become more personal. Since then we began to write. José Joaquin wrote reflections about the love of God and messages of hope for humanity, and I wrote wise advice for all families everywhere.

Friday, December 5, 2014

AGREEMENT WITH GOD



Hello dear family and friends of the blog, did you know that God likes agreements? That's why He made an agreement with Abraham, Noah, Moses, Israel and the Church. These agreements were sealed with blood. In antiquity were sealed with the blood of a spotless lamb without blemish. The pact with the Church was sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ. Do not forget that the word pact has several synonyms such as covenant, agreement, contract, and arrangement. Why all this? Because I want to tell a story or rather a pact which I made with God in the morning of November 11, 2014.
When we have insomnia or rather when we cannot sleep, we should seek for  God and talk to Him. Remember to do this is the best, rather than analyze problems and troubles of everyday life. Was so, I started talking to God achieving the silence of the night, since he does not like the bustle of the world. Then I told him to forgive me my sins and not knowing how to pray as he pleases because I always bring a large list of my ailments and needs. I dared to tell him, I prefer we will make an agreement . He replied, ready what do you want? I proposed, Lord, I'll try not to bring such a long list of needs because I thought enough to accept me two very important requests for me: Number one, a little corner or small dwelling with you there in heaven. Number two, that You join me in every moment of my life and give me support, assistance, and encouragement; would not have to worry about anything, just to worship and praise with canticles and prayers always in constant communion with the Lord. I tell you that to my amazement the Lord approved my request. How did I know?  Simple, because then my heart  was full with  gladness and joy, but that joy that the world does not give. Then I said Lord, You know that the only gift that I have to Seal this agreement is my repentant heart and my tears. He accepted, smiled and left.
Now I want to ask you a sincere and pretty invitation: Rehearse in one sleepless night and engage in a conversation with the Lord Jesus, asking whatever you want, but with faith, sincerity, and humility. Do not forget that God looks by far the proud, but gives a special grace to the humble. So this is how God not only accepts your dialogue, but also consider the desires of your heart. Whenever one has a special touch of communion with the Lord, full of love comes from God. The evidence of the presence of God in us and with us is LOVE AMONG US because love gives life to life. Again, the Lord smiled to me and that smile struck me so that I can smile to my neighbors, anyone who ever be projecting the love of God.

                  With love,

                                 Maria Fanny Agudelo
                                 11/12/14

No comments:

Post a Comment